Friday, August 7, 2015

1

I'm setting up a blog called any pattern.

I'm using Blogger to track stocks. It's a weird thing, but it's the easiest way I know to maintain a web page (with a lot of stuff on it)(and with new stuff added all the time).

Incredibly, I can publish charts by going to Finviz.com. It's not the most comprehensive source, but still, I can choose from a very wide selection of charts. I can publish a static chart - it always shows the same pattern that the stock made at some point in time - or a dynamic chart that shows the latest chart for the stock when the page is loaded.

I can publish the two together, so that post will show the pattern I was interested in at a moment in time, and whatever has happened since that moment in time.

The first post will be an alphabetical index of symbols, so, if I'm looking at an interesting pattern but I'm not sure if I've already posted about it, I can look that up. (The posts won't be in alphabetical order, so it'll be hard to check if there's a post for a given symbol.)

I can "label" the posts - simply down patterns, canyon bottom patterns, high surf patterns, hook patterns, wedge patterns, early patterns, extending patterns, bought, sold, and so on.

One stock to a post, then, after that, a static chart and a dynamic chart. Simple as that.