Friday, August 7, 2015

aqxp


Canyon Bottom Pattern. There's a cliff on the left, then a flat bottom. I'm interested in them because they do things like this.

I expect prices to continue upwards. Details.

Still, I say the main move is over, and the real money to be made is buying at the bottom. (Tim Sykes makes his money buying now, selling tomorrow, but I don't know how to do that.)

It's easy to find Canyon Bottom examples. My feeling is they do often jump up, like this, although, and this is important, they don't usually do it so quickly - many Canyon Bottoms last for months before they jump up - or, maybe, so dramatically.

It's easy to find examples, but making these posts isn't so easy. I guess I'll see how it goes.

I found this by looking at Finviz, where this was the top gainer (right on the home page).

This means I can find Canyon Bottom setups by looking at the top losers on Finviz. If the chart shows a cliff, that sets up a Canyon Bottom, and if we follow the stock, we can see whether a Canyon Bottom develops.